La Chiva Gantiva plays music without borders! Genre bending and adventurous they’ll make you dance, jump or mosh with their original combination of rock, funk, hip hop and punk with Colombian rhythms, while preserving a jam mentality and multicultural origins.
Known for their live antics and frontman Rafael Espinel’s empathy towards the audience, La Chiva Gantiva are a treat to see live but also an amazing trip around the world when any of their three studio records play at a Colombian party, at a
Belgian bar, or at a Mexican radio station.
“They are a frenetic carnival-punk racket that detonates like a Molotov cocktail of rock, rap, soul and ferociously funky Latin rhythms” The Times (UK).
History with Europe’s most prestigious festivals
• Roskilde (Denmark) – 100k cap
• Paléo (Swiss)
• Rioloco (France)
• Eurokeennes de Belfort (France)
• Festival du Rois Arthur (France)
• Olympic Games 2012 (Trafagal Square ) (UK)
• London Jazz Festival, (UK)
• Fusion Festival (Germany)
• Dour Festival (B) – 225k Cap
• Brussels Summer Festival (B)
• Festival Esperanza (B)
• Festival Couleur Café (B)
• Sziget Festival (Hungary)
• Festival du Bout du Monde (France)
• Womad (Peter Gabriel Festival)